We took our new camper for a spin at Morrow Mountain this last weekend. Here it is:
It’s so much more roomy inside than our other one. We love it!
(And we were so excited to find out that the park had added electric to some of their campsites, woo hoo! That means we can camp there over the summer and be able to run our air conditioner! Now if they would just take reservations it’d be our absolute favorite park!)
And immediately after getting it set up we were graced by some lovely deer walking right by us! (Then right before we left on Sunday a group of about 8 walked right by us again.)
Speaking of deer, DS was watching Bambi the other day, and was loving the bits with Thumper – I was able to catch a photo of a real smile (it’s so hard to get either DS to give me a true smile in a photo!)
Over the weekend they were having a Revolutionary War camp at the park – we got to see a musket demonstration – it was really neat! I learned quite a few things – for instance, did you know that the civilian militia members wore their own clothes (no blue uniforms here! that’s just a myth – most of them wore white – dyes were too expensive) and the riflemen brought their own guns as well. I did not know that the flints only lasted for about 15 shots before they had to be re-flocked, and then had to be replaced after a few times of re-flocking. I just figured the flints lasted forever. The riflemen had to make their own bullets, too, since the rifles were all custom sizes – so they were given hunks of lead to make their own bullets. Anyway, I found it very interesting.
I was able to snap a photo of them firing:
On the knitting front, I’m to the cuff on sock #2 of my Entrelac Socks. And I’ve frogged sock #1 down to the heel, so I can re-knit it to fit better. (Oh the agony of the frog pond! I started ripping it whilst at the Tuesday night Charlotte Purls gathering, and I could feel the ladies around me holding their breath! – but I think (hope!) it’ll turn out OK – at least it should fit better – if I don’t drop any stitches that is!)
Sock #1 wasn’t going on over my heel, so I’m switching to 7 stitch blocks immediately after the heel to add some ease. Sock #2 is fitting much better as a consequence, so my OCD is making me redo sock#1 to fit as well.
And I finished my Purls KAL Capelet a little while ago. Here’s a photo Stacey snapped of me a couple Saturdays ago at Charlotte Purls: I’ve also spun up some squishy Merino/silk blend yarn to do Tudora with (I hope it’s not too bulky to do this pattern!)
Well, that’s it for now – sorry for the long post!