WiP Wednesday

I’m almost done with my Catkin – I’m about halfway through the second chart:

Pattern: Catkin by Carina Spencer
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in ‘Gothic Rose’ and Enchanted Knoll Farm Superwash Sock in ‘Gold Dust Woman’.

I am very worried that I’m going to run out of the gold.  I have 6 more loooonnngg rows to work with the gold, and I swear I do not have 6 rows worth left.  I’m hoping maybe the gold-ish Dream in Color yarn I originally got for the shawl will blend in well enough for the last few rows.  We’ll see.

But I did find some wonderful buttons for it!  I took a trip this last weekend to the huge fabric store Mary Jo’s in Gastonia and found a few buttons that I liked.  I think I’ve settled on these:

I also started on a knitted Sackboy for my son. We just started playing Little Big Planet a couple of weeks ago, and the whole family fell in love with the knitted main character. So I found a pattern (by Alan Dart!) and I’m going to make one for each of us.

My son wanted his to have an open mouth, so I gave it a shot with some short rows.  I’m not 100% happy with how it turned out –  I’ll try to tweak it some more for the next one.

And I casted on my first Summer of Socks pair:

I only have a few rows done, but at least they’re casted on!  It’s the Summer Spirals pattern, and I’m using a skein of Tofutsies that I’ve had in my stash for forever.

So that’s what’s on my needles right now.  I’m hoping to have the Catkin done by Friday, so maybe I’ll have a FO to show you for FO Friday!  🙂

Happy Knitting!!

Advertisements

About knitsbyheather

I'm a TKGA certified Master Knitter. I'm a knitwear designer and a knitting instructor. I'm also a stay at home and homeschooling mom of two wonderful boys. They sure keep me on my toes! When I'm not teaching or chasing around the boys, I'm knitting, designing, or reading!!
This entry was posted in WiP Posts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to WiP Wednesday

1. Brandon Thomas says:

Buttons are beautiful, Sack boy looks amazing, yay socks! You, as always, are astounding in what all you manage to accomplish!

2. Leah says:

Catkin is really intriguing. I love the colours you chose and hope you have enough!

• Thanks, Leah! I’m down to just two more rows left of the gold, and I have a little bit of yarn left – I’m going to be biting my nails as I work the last two gold rows today, I can tell you!!

3. Mujercita says:

That shawl is so pretty!

4. Tami says:

I love your Catkin. It’s gorgeous! Isn’t Little Big Planet so fun!? My husband and I love playing it together. Can’t wait to see your sack boy family finished!

• Thanks, Tami!
      My husband and I love playing it together too! He ends up having to wait for me to pop out the door more often then not, since I keep getting killed. But it is quite fun to play!
      My youngest wants his in red, and mine will be tan and my husband’s will be brown, so we’ll have a nice diverse little Sackboy family!

5. Paula says:

Wow, your buttons are so pretty! I love the shawl too, gorgeous colours, reminds me of late summer…

6. Calophi says:

Oh wow, I am absolutely loving that shawl – both the design and the colors!