FO Posts, Patterns Released

FO and a new Pattern!

Hi all!

I have a new pattern out! Zick Zack Fingerless Mitts . These were released in the newest issue of Cast On magazine. I had a lot of fun designing them! The fabric on these is nice and dense, which should come in handy when the temps start to drop (hopefully we’ll get cooler weather soon?? Pretty please??)

So, I also finally have a FO to show you on this Wednesday. 🙂  (It’s too hot for a modeled FO photo – when it cools down I’ll have to post an update with a photo of it being worn! It looks even better being worn – it has some negative ease so it fits snugly.)


Pattern:  Ryrau by Steinunn Birna Gudjonsdottir
Yarn:  Copper Corgi Jones Street Sport in colors Natural and Dark Teal
Needles:  US4 and US5
Start Date:  April 18, 2017
Finish Date:  August 5, 2017

Modifications:  I made quite a few modifications. I knit the sweater flat instead of steeking the opening. I added one stitch at each side as a purl stitch for a fake ‘seam’ line. I casted on one extra st at the opening edge once I got to the colorwork section (Just to give me two sts for the selvedge there.) Knitted the size large, since I went down a needle size for better drape on my fabric.  I adjusted the chart so that it is symmetrical on the fronts (I decreased one stitch) – and started chart on column 2 instead, and then ended on column 34. (The non-symmetry really bothered me!) I added two sets of short rows at the back after the colorwork section to raise the back neckline a bit. (As it is I should have done even more.) Also the decrease rows (19 and 21) on chart are incorrect as written! There should be ‘no stitch’ next to each decrease symbol for the chart to work correctly – I adjusted where I decreased to make it work out correctly. (Also, technically the row #s should all be on the right hand side of the chart since you’re supposed to be knitting in the round…it worked well for me though since I was knitting flat.)

Overall I’m somewhat happy with it. I really love the colors. BUT… the armscye opening is way too shallow – I really don’t like that much negative ease at the armholes. And I’m unhappy with the top neckline. When I wear it I just won’t button the top two buttons, but the top edge comes up too high for my comfort, while the back sits lower. I suspected that the armholes would be too shallow, but I thought blocking might remedy it enough. Blocking helped a good bit, but not quite enough.  I might wear this come winter (with a snug tee on underneath) or I might not. :-/  So – lesson learned. From now on I’ll just knit my own designs since I know they will fit me. LOL!

Until next time, Happy Knitting!

Advertisements

1 thought on “FO and a new Pattern!”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s